This document Focuses on helping CML customers understand, how can they easily use a management network to provide devices within the EVE-NG server.
Common Use cases
- Access device GUI from the Jump Box
Example: Customer wants to access the ASA/Palo Alto/Fortinet GUI directly from the Jump host
- Management is easier
- Backup and restore config and send it to yourself
- Licensing the device for lab use
- Copy Files to windows and Linux machines
Example: Customer wants to copy CA licenses to the windows server host or import specific configs directly to the machine inside of EVE-NG instance
- Access to internet required by the devices to update configs /versions/Firmware licensing
- Network Programmability Interface: Add an Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Linux machine to try and see how the devices can be managed programmatically.
What is a Jump Box/host / VD (Virtual Desktop)?
CML provides a pre-configured windows Host with a set of applications like Putty, various browsers, Wireshark, etc. pre-installed on the host.
Jump Box Features
- Jump host enables you to access your EVE-NG instance without adding any user end relay over the internet. Also, it allows you to access the devices directly.
- Jump host is also equipped with limited internet capabilities to allow you to copy config files, upload topologies and Images over the internet.
Design Logic /POD Details
What is CML EVE-NG POD
A CML pod can be defined as a group of EVE-NG server(s) and a Jump Host
A typical CML EVE-NG POD has 2 Virtual Machines
- EVE-NG Server (You only Pay for this)
- Windows or Linux Jump host (You get this at no cost as a part of CML services)
How CML Provides access and Design Premise.
When you Purchase any EVE-NG Service from Cloudmylab, here is what we provide to you
- 1 X Server Instance (CPU/MEM/SSD per the Instance you purchased)
- 1 X Jump Host (Windows or Linux) (2 vCPU, 4GB memory, 40GB SSD)
- /24 IPv4 pool with254 usable addresses (you can always request an upgrade to IP POOL if you have a USE case)
- Segregated non shared Layer2 and Layer 3 Resources
IP subnet works
Every customer gets /24 Ipv4 pool as the default configuration, this can be upgraded on request.
We have allocated the first 3 IP addresses for your services please do not use that and we have reserved 100 IP addresses for customer use
Here are how the 100 IP addresses allocated to you are distributed
We allocate you the following IPv4 pool: 172.16.14.0/24
Assigned to EVE-NG Server
172.16.14.100 – 172.16.14.200 255.255.255.0
Customer can use this for mentioned use cases
** Do not use preassigned IP anywhere under any circumstances, this can break the communication and you may lose access to your POD
How to assign and use the spare IPS
Use Case: Access Devices GUI from the Jump Box
- Create a lab and add Cloud0 network by right-clicking on the canvas and choosing the Network option.
- Add a node to your canvas and connect it’s management port with the cloud
- Power on the node and configure the management port as per the details provided above
- Finally, open the GUI using the assigned IP address. In this case, 172.16.14.10 will be opened in a browser.