Setup Palo Alto Management IP using Cli
This document describes how to configure the Management Interface IP on a Palo Alto Networks device.
Note: Hook up a Palo Alto Networks console cable to a Palo Alto Networks device first.
- Login to the device with admin/admin, unless you have already configured a new password.
- Enter configuration mode:
- Use the command below to set the interface to accept static IP
#set deviceconfig system type static
- Use the following command to set the IP address of the management interface:
# set deviceconfig system ip-address <ip address> netmask <netmask> default-gateway <default gateway> dns-setting servers primary <DNS ip address>
- Commit the changes:
Use "exit" to exit the configuration mode after commit is complete.
Please use HTTPS://<ip address> in order to gain access to the WebGUI. Default IP is 192.168.1.1.
- Navigate to Device > Setup > Management, Click on the setup icon on the right hand corner and configure the Management Interface IP.
- Navigate to Device > Setup > Services, Click edit and add a DNS server.
Click OK and click on the commit button in the upper right to commit the changes.
Note: If you change the management IP address, and commit, you will never see the commit complete, as the IP address will take effect at 99% and you will be disconnected. You will have to manually change the IP to the new management IP address in order to continue use of the WebGUI.